Sunday, August 30, 2009

sunday sunday

savannahaccents


oh the lazy sunday, how I love sunday.

and of course I wake up at dawn. EVERYDAY.
but its ok, because its sunday.

This morning, Charles is watching Formula one, mom is making breakfast (apple crisp), and I am blogging.....like I said, happy happy sunday.

savannahriverwalkthree

savannahriverwalktwo

savannahriverwalkone


above are just a few photos from our trip to savannah last month.
that was a good trip.

mmhhhmmm.


I want to do something with Jícama - I always see it in the store and wonder, What the heck is this?

//High in carbohydrates in the form of dietary fiber.
//Composed of 86%-90% water.
//Contains only trace amounts of protein and lipids.
//Sweet flavor (comes from oligofructose inslin)

Cooking: Cut into wedges, dipped in salsa. Popular in salads, fresh fruit combos, etc.

i found a recipe that i want to try that involves this little guy:



Ingredients:
  • 1 jicama, sliced
  • 1 mango, sliced
  • Juice of 1 lime
  • Half a jalepeno pepper (seeds removed), finely diced
  • 1 teaspoon of sugar
  • Salt & Pepper to Taste

Combine and enjoy.

courtesy Sugar Cooking Blog



I got a new book!!!!



Slow Food Nation: Why Our Food Should Be Good, Clean, And Fair
Carlo Petrini

So far so good, im only on the introduction of the book, but i like where the book is going. The forward discussed the topics in the book and I agree with them. I am excited to get going (thank you lazy sunday)


And QUE Maroon Five SUNDAY MORNING!


No comments: