Monday, December 7, 2009

monday monday

i have a serious case of the mondays:

i get to school this morning and the air is tense. everyone is waiting to see what chef is going to write on the white board today, our list of assignments - products to produce. last week we were balls to the wall, making petit fours non stop! with a practical tomorrow to prep for we were all in for a little surprise.

chef said we only had a "few" items to make.

if only we didnt waste so much time talking about rock, paper, scissors - there was good time wasted.

on the agenda for today:

.financiers.
.pate a choux.
.pastry cream.
.cream chantilly.
.langues du chat (cats tounge).

&

prep for tomorrows practical.

easy? not quite.

we had specific modifications on the pastry cream and cream chantilly, not to mention we were assembling swans.

so there i was - my financier batter was in the cooler, my pate a choux-that had been piped into swan bodies and heads-was in the oven, and next up, pastry cream time.
im almost embrassed to say this, but I had to redo the pastry cream - TWICE.
I could not get it right, mixing, measurements, nothing! it was total and complete fail. All the while, I am alone. I have no partner in class - I almost thought of giving up.

ok. so i remade the pastry cream (the correct way), class is going by and im doing a few more things. When it came time to make the Madeline batter for tomorrows practical, I screwed that up (burning butter, improper mixing, wrong measuring).

and so i remade it.

i left school today with a depressed feeling. at this stage of the game, school is getting challenging. this is both exciting and scary.

my ultimate challenge - relying on God for my strength.
this involves laying down my inhibitions, my fears, and my problems.
When I think about the creator of the universe being on my team, I am no longer frantic. A peace overcomes me and I am grateful for assurance.


ok. im done with this post. (i just needed to post to help ease the stress)

No comments: