Tuesday, October 6, 2009

is it really tuesday already

hello.


happy tuesday to you. this weekend flew by.

and so I come out of the world of HACCP plans, foodbourne illnesses, minimum internal cooking tempertures, and pests to write about a little of what I did this weekend.

Friday night, Charlie and I went to my parents house in North Georgia. Here, the air is fresh and the eggs are even fresher (my parents own a small farm). My mother cans her own vegetables, soups, and on occasion she'll even make apple butter.

Saturday morning was spent with my mother, as the men went to run into town. :)
I taught them how to make a soffuled omelet (which I HIGHLY recommend, if you're searching for new egg ideas), while dad grilled the maple turkey sasuage and mom set toasted the bread. Served with sides of cottage cheese and frozen fruit, we sat down to brunch as a family.
lovely was the morning.

Later Charles and i visited this lovely bakery called Alons.

a little peak at the selection of goodies they offer:




and of course, one had to be tried.
Taramisu:




The final rating:



After Alons, we headed on.

Here are a few little things I snapped:








DOLLAR SUSHI at HARRY AND SONS on N.HIGHLAND = very yummy!
That is where I ate dinner tonight and it was delightful. The atmosphere is hip, the service is quick and very nice, and the food tasted GREAT! (not to mention at a great price too)


_SOMETHING TO BE TRIED_

blend together:

.Frozen Banana
.Tad bit of Vanilla Coffee Creamer
.Peanut Butter (I used sunflower seed butter)

I promise this is better then ice cream.
no lie.

Enjoy.

goodnight.

1 comment:

Emily said...

glad you had a lovely visit with your fam.

those bakery goodies look so amazing and delicious!

i wish we had $1 sushi nights around here!