Friday, July 31, 2009

Purpose

For the past couple of weeks, Ive been struggling with having a purpose. I suppose the adequate thing to say would be direction. I have been trying to find things to do every day that I can be proud of, things worth my time. However, in my quest I run into these walls, or barriers. These barriers are no doubt set up to try and stop me (that is the def of a barrier). The challenge is presented then to try and dismantle these barrier walls.

Today when I was having my quiet time, it hit me (as often times Gods word does) that my purpose every day should be: WHAT DOES GOD WANT ME TO DO FOR HIM TODAY?

Ephesians 1:9 & 10 -

"And He made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ, to be put into effect with the times will have reached their fulfillment - to bring all things in heaven and on earth together under one head, even Christ."

God allows us to go through seasons of our lives and at this particular place in my life, I am at a crossroads. I am experiencing change like never before. New things to come, but my goal for now until this season is over is to wake up, commit every day to finding & doing Gods purpose for me, and living every day to the fullest.

A few other things I have in my head:

- I think I need to cut back on coffee, esp in the morning (blood sugar drops are not fun)

- I really want to make roast chicken. I was watching Barefoot Contessa yesterday and oh my! That lady can cook.

- I am excited to have a small herb garden when Charles and I find a home, which hopefully will come to pass this weekend in the ATL.


k - im done.

No comments: