Thursday, March 4, 2010

gator and gateau

I offered to make dinner last night.

Gator Tail:

gator tail wrapped in bacon

I first marinated it all day with a honey, garlic marinade. 
Then, I wrapped the marinated gator tail in bacon placed in tin foil and set in a pan with water. 
Roasted for an hour at 250 degrees and then an additional hour at 400 degrees. 

Croissant:

croissant

made of puff pastry. 
baked at 400 degrees for 25 minutes. 

also made a few with chocolate. :) 

Tempura Vegetables:

tempura broccoli

Vegetables coated with tempura, fried with 3 parts vegetable oil and 1 part coconut oil. 

we also fried cheese. that was interesting. 


Now for the sweets.

Pate a bombe:

strawberry sorbet, coconut mousse, coconut creme brulee, 
and pistachio geniose topped with white chocolate garnish.

pate a bombe

bombe center

see the layers? (creme brulee is hidden in there)

bombe

pate a bombe sliced


Chocolate Entremet:

 layers of chocolate sponge, nougatine, caramel mousse, creme brulee, and chocolate mousse 
encased in a chocolate glascage and topped with chocolate garnish. 


chocolate chocolate entrament side

chocolate chocolate entrament

chocolate chocolate entrament inside


This entrement was good, very rich. 
At first bite I tasted the rum the mousse and then as I ate it became and infused flavor in the cake. 
The glascage was bitter sweet adding a depth of chocolate to the mix. 


Today is practical day. We are making a surprise entrement with chocolate garnish. 

I want to take my food photography to the next level and I am ready to put the work into it now, 
no reservations. 

wish me luck. 


No comments: