Saturday, January 23, 2010

ho hum

today is a sick day for me.  i dont get sick usually.

anywhoo practical was yesterday and amongst the baked goodness was this:

Mille Feuille:

Mille Feuille

Mille Feuille Close

I was quite happy with the result.

Oh! I made Presidents List for the first semester! This is the first time I have had a 4.0 in school - Im going to brag.

Last night, Charlie and I made pizza from leftover puff pastry dough.






Topped with vodka sauce, mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, goat cheese, capers, and smoked salmon.




Charlie was a hungry man ready to eat!

:)

and for me I made a couple raw pizzas from spaghetti squash, tomato, kale, avocado and for kick - wasabi and ginger.

it was nice.



I had a few extra moments yesterday and wrote this.



on DESSERT & DESIGN:


   No one wants to eat ugly food. We all strive for beauty. Beauty in how we look, beauty in our homes, and beauty in our food. Dessert is already sensual, forbidden. Humans must eat substance, but dessert is always considered a treat, something to indulge in, never to take for granted. To achieve beauty there must be balance. The harmony of the elements working together to create an eye-pop. Granted beauty is the eye of beholder, but there is a common beauty that most people can agree on (being of the same species).
\

and thats it.


No comments: